Dear Family and Friends,
This week I made an oreo castle. We helped set up for a wedding of a couple in our ward and they gave us four costco sized boxes to make one on their dessert table-- BEST assignment ever!
By the way I am developing a dislike of candy because, as you can see in one of the photos, we have a TON of it. Not that I don't like it, but I would definitely be okay if it disappeared for a short while. It has also been a sick week for Sister H. Poor thing, but everything is on the up now, so that is okay.
This week we had a lesson with one of our investigators who does not understand why she should have any reason to go to church. She said she goes for special occasions (a.k.a. a hatch [birth], a match [marriage], or a dispatch [funeral]), but I am beginning to see the impact that the continual opportunity for church has made and will continue to make in my life. It gives me the opportunity to renew my baptismal covenants as I take the sacrament; and with that, to become clean and forgiven as I have repented of my own misdoings each week. The opportunity to serve and to be actively involved and to share is a blessing that is so unique that I am grateful for. As I have the opportunity to serve the people around me, I am able to give of the gifts that God has given me, and through this, I am able to strengthen them.
There is no one who is exempt from these blessings as they seek them and see the happiness they can bring. In going to church, I am able to remember who gives me all that I have-- My Savior, who has given so much so that we might have hope, and with that hope, I begin to understand how much he loves us. This Good news is for all. That is why I go. . . because he has asked me, and because I know that it is the way that I can come to understand him. As I see the examples around me, I have seen God's love, because I have been a recipient. Whether it has been from my mother, father, family, friends, or from those who I don't know as well, I have seen it. Never forget the power of a positive mind, that is how the Savior would have us be. We have been given much more than we can ever say has been taken away. None of us are far enough away that the light of the Savior's atonement cannot reach us.
It has been a difficult week at times, and where there are definitely wonderful times, I have weighed my heart down with things that only focus on the negative. But on Sunday, I saw this entry in my journal which remined me of why I came--I wrote this:
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Wuehler
P.S. We are going on a hike later today!
Scripture: Alma 26:27
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
Mosiah 24:12-16
"And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts. And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage."



No comments:
Post a Comment