Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 59: From NORTH of the NORTH POLE!



 
THERE YOU HAVE IT, We are NORTH of the North Pole!!!!!! Can you believe it?!?!?

Dear Family and Friends,

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT EASTER!!! We spent ours here "egging", not the way you would think- cutting out paper eggs and putting scriptures and quotes about the resurrection and atonement and putting them on people's doors.  It was great and we got to go to the Branch President's house for dinner with many members of the branch who didn't have somewhere to go. It was a good day; we weren't feeling our best the whole day, but still, we enjoyed it. There is something about holidays that just makes everyone happier or at least more positive. You can just tell everyone is a little lighter than normal-- I am sure you get the point.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I said before I never thought I would be living north of the north pole- there are actually two official poles and one of them is where we head all the time, I saw it once but I need to find out where it is again; then I will get a picture. Some missionaries have even got their tongues stuck on the North Pole- they got what was coming to them! haha

We finally went to the ice park this last p-day-- a good first p-day for Sister Washington; wrote a ton of letters; she took a nap-- I don't know why she would be tired, its not like she's a brand new missionary or anything?!? (complete sarcasm) Speaking of which, I think she is settling in just great! She woke me up the other night and sounded like she was asking a question, and I asked her what she said again because it wasn't clear. She said "nevermind!" and went back to sleep. Come to find out she was dreaming about teaching a lesson about the atonement in her sleep! Like I said, she's doing great.
 
who wants to switch on the northern lights???
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We found Fairbanks!
 
We started having skype lessons with our investigator who is up on the slope.  They are going so great, and he is on date to be baptized when he gets back in early May. We got a text from him later that night after we had the lesson.  He said thank you for being able to do skype and that it really helps him to keep his mind focused in the right direction-- SO EXCITED FOR HIM!

We are also teaching another man, who is stuck working Sundays, but we are trying to help him out in every way we can and are working with a few other people. We have had a TON of training this week-- part of training, and always that extra hour of companionship study every day we have to get in. It's busy, but everything's going great! We are now done with selling tickets and volunteering at the ice park, got to help with the interior science fair and setting it up this week.

 
We worked in North Pole on Saturday-- first time sister WA has been out there.   We had a dinner cancel so we were able to go and knock on some less active's doors, meet some people, and then we got dinner at this place out there called Fire Wok.  I don't remember having Chinese food that fresh ever in Alaska. Everyone seemed to be opening their doors! It was so awesome, that doesn't happen too often out there. 

I read in the New Testament a lot this week for Easter-- John is a funny writer! Who else would point out in their own book that they ran faster than Simon Peter. I have a feeling that Peter and John the Beloved were best buds! But really, I love the book of John.

The hymn "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" has been on my mind this week--looking at the time it was written and what was asked of the people who it was about puts into perspective the sacrifice it takes to truly follow the Lord in All things, but it also covers that So many blessings come from God way greater than we could hope for without!

I am flying down to Anchorage tomorrow for Zone leader council! Sister Washington will stay up here with Sister Gerber and Petersen until I get back!

Have a great week!!!!


Love,

Sister Wuehler


scripture:
Alma 41
In the Resurrection men come forth to a state of endless happiness or endless misery—Wickedness never was happiness—Carnal men are without God in the world—Every person receives again in the Restoration the characteristics and attributes acquired in mortality.
 
John 11-21
 
Alma 5: 33-34
33 Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto aall men, for the barms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
 34 Yea, he saith: aCome unto me and ye shall partake of the bfruit of the tree of life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the cbread and the waters of life dfreely;
 
ism:"If you pray, why worry? If you worry, why pray?" --once you pray, get off of your knees and go to work so that Heavenly Father CAN bless you with opportunities...
 

p.s. THE SNOW IS MELTING SO FAST; it has been in the 30s and 40s this week- Green up is here almost-- we have had to turn on the A.C. in our car!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment