Wednesday, February 29, 2012

“My First Week”

Dear Family and Friends,

  First of all, I would like to say thank you for all your love and support! You have no idea how a missionary really appreciates it, especially because of the separation, you move away from all that you knew and were, and you are expected to change. There are so many wonderful people I have met already, and there is not one regret in my heart and I know that this is the best possible place I can be right now. The first week has been a bit hard, especially for the sisters in the district but we have learned to rely on each other for the comfort and guidance we may need to hear from one another.

  My companion's name is Sister Peterson and she is going to Alaska as well! It did not take long to figure out that we are both so similar, and it is easy to get along with each other as we like to quote movies, make fun of each other, and so on. This week has been a whirlwind! There is not always time to write- either in my journal or letters. I am learning that the Lord sometimes lets us figure things out on our own before we can feel his hand at work in our own lives. It becomes a test of self to help us in becoming more fully converted so that we might have this knowledge and understanding so deeply engrained in our soul so that it might never ever ever be taken away from us (A little bit of a quote from Elder Holland last night at devotional- AHH! I KNOW!) You cannot invite a person to come unto Christ unless you have been there yourself.

  Our District, well, let's just say we call ourselves a DISTRACT instead. I love my district so much which has 6 elders, all going to the Alaska mission, and four sisters- my companion and i in Alaska, and our other two sisters going to Germany, Frankfurt and Berlin. One of the sisters is from England, and it is so fun to hear her accent (our teacher is from South Africa, and also has a similar accent, we just love it!)

  Everyone in our district were asked to prepare a talk for this last Sunday in our branch, however, not all of us were going to give that talk. It was about how we can recognize the holy Ghost and they wouldn't let us know who they were going to ask until the talk came. Lo and behold, guess who was one of the speakers, me.

  At devotional Elder Holland came and spoke to us last night. Really, it was amazing to be in a room where we all recognized a witness of the Savior and how much he expressed his love for us. As he walked in the room, we all stood with more of a resolve to teach with power and love.

  I love you all! Hope you are doing well and I am excited to hear more from you all! Seriously, I love the letters.

Love,
Sister Wuehler

Scripture of the week: Ether 12:6, 27
    
6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

MTC-isms: "Inappropriate sister, inappropriate!" (don't worry mom, everything's fine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment