Dear Family and Friends,
So, Monday, we were supposed to pick up the (then) Petersburg Sisters but
they missed their flight because Sister Hatfield was sick with the Flu, so we
picked them up the next day after doing our "first harvest/ greenie tract" with
(two other) Sisters. Since there was some unusual timing with transfers,
we had the Sisters with us for 4 hours and took them to pick up Sister Hatfield
at the airport (Tuesday). New Years Day we had prime rib at a members house-
they had a ton of family around and they are seriously the best cooks! I say this because I never go as rare as I did that night (because it
scares me)- wasn't too bad on prime rib-- they teased us beforehand on if we
wanted it more done, saying, "thats fine, you can just RUIN it if you Really
want to." so, I just stuck with the rare stuff and trusted them.
We had some fortune cookies in our apartment, and both Sister Hatfield and
I don't like fortune cookies, but decided to open one each morning-- most of the
fortunes were kind of dumb, but I found one that I noticed I liked, it said, "If
you will continually give, you will continually have"-- I ended up sharing this
with a lot of people this week, but I don't agree with it all-- we can't have
unless we receive, and even then, why is it important to have- necessity. Also,
Christ was the perfect giver- he gave of himself, but he was also the perfect
receiver, which I constantly struggle with- I have a hard time accepting any
help, but am learning constantly. We are nothing without God, all we have is
his, so we have to give and we learn to become better.
On Wednesday we had transfers, and since the group that was going home on this
transfer already headed home, we got to go to the Temple and to dinner at the
Beesleys- It was great to see missionaries that had been away for so long. Then,
we dropped off Sister Morey on Thurday morning and have been having Sister H.
meet the ward council and investigators since then, business as usual
right.
We are focusing on Christlike attributes over the next nine weeks (and
always). Last week was Faith, and this week is Hope. We took the survey in
Preach my Gospel and found our lowest score that we thought of ourselves in that
specific section and setting goals to improve each week. If we represent the
Savior, then we need to focus on improving and developing attributes he
has.
Yesterday, we went to a home and she was talking about how her Children had
selective hearing, which is always funny when I think about it because when I
took my Light and Sound class (at BYU-I), I was the one who they practiced on. On both sides
of me, I had someone talking to me and I had to focus on the one reading the book
and repeat it back to them. The second time the person telling me what he had
for breakfast all week kept saying my name and I couldn't focus on the book. I
turned in the scriptures to Alma 37:44, the spirit was watching out for me in
sharing that thought and looked at what it said-- I am accustomed to hearing my
name- if we are accustomed to the Savior, we will hear his call. (44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the aword of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.)
Anyways, I hope that my letter hasn't sounded too much like a to-do list
this week. We are back around to having interviews this week- Can't believe it's
already been three months since the last official one. Have a great week! Love
youuuu!!!
Love,
Sister Wuehler
Scripture: Alma 37:33-37, how to find happiness
33 aPreach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be bmeek and lowly in heart; teach them to cwithstand every dtemptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.
34 Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find arest to their souls.
35 O, remember, my son, and alearn bwisdom in thy cyouth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.
36 Yea, and acry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy bdoings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy cthoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 aCounsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
ism: "Luck is when opportunity meets preparation" -P.Beesley
No comments:
Post a Comment