Dear Family and Friends,
So we gained another Sister for the last five days, Sister Watson! She is going home tonight and been staying with us and I love learning the way she does missionary work. A lot has been going on this week! Monday we got our hair cut, I didn't expect it but I ended up chopping off my hair just over the shoulder with bangs- a woman in the Brayton ward was willing to do it for free so we were grateful for that. We had a white elephant gift exchange for district meeting- which was interesting because it was all random stuff out of missionary apartments. That night we were driving home on the New Seward Highway and saw a fire somewhere in our area, but we never found out exactly where it was but it was huge- I hope all is well there.
That Wednesday morning we were told to stay inside because of ice and not to go out, but they changed that in the afternoon and drove slowly to pick up Sister Watson. After, we switched our truck for a subaru, then drove into a ditch. Way too ironic! It was good to dig ourselves out a little with no luck but we were pulled out by a couple of members in the ward.
Recently I started a goal book in this little notebook after Sister Gerber's example. The other day in the December ensign I read about "I am" roles and how the most important role we can play is the role of disciple of Christ. One thing I loved about this is remembering how we can be at the right role at the right time so that we can help others most. Right now, my role is missionary. sometimes a blank face who knocks on doors, I often wonder, who really sees? This is where the Lord wants me right now and sometimes I don't know why or feel like I am adequate but each time he lets me know that this is where he wants me, and that things will work out for the best.
The fireside was hectic all week but all went great and fairly smoothly! It was a good birthday, because we got to go out with an investigator and a group of us to ihop to visit and get together. We got home last minute thursday because the fireside went over time. Friday we finally found time to have a piece of Birthday cake and it was awesome because it was Sister Watsons birthday then too! We also got to go to the temple then.
![]() |
| At the fireside |
The car gave us trouble again a little later in the week- we will go in soon and get it all figured out. Yesterday we heard from a girl heading out to the MTC in January- she is a sweetheart. She talked about how Christmas is not just about the hustle and bustle, but brought out who Jesus Christ is and why is he important and then challenged each of us to answer that for ourselves, and so I invite you as well. She will be such a great missionary, she is already. I am grateful for the Comfort we find in Christ's Gospel. He lived his life and then gave it in selfless service, and we can't hope to give back anything of equal price, but he still continues to give and offer and just wants us to reap and benefit and give. He love us individually and infinitely.
Love you all!
Love,
Sister Wuehler
Scripture: Mormon 9: 24-25, 27-28
ism: "don't let moments of Tragedy define you" - from a father who just lost a child in conneticut
"The commandements are not just a list of constraints, they are a recipe for happiness"


No comments:
Post a Comment