Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been going well! It's gotten really cold recently but it keeps changing it's mind- I had to start wearing my winter coat a couple of times this week (which is way comfy! It just makes me want to take a nap even though I can't!).
We saw bear prints at someones house- he had to back people out of his driveway because he was incredibly overprotective of them and keeping them there, but it was fun to see how excited he was about them. The members here are SO great and all so excited to have sisters. They take good care of us. Sister Gerber actually has to bring her own food to dinner because of allergies- people keep trying to cook for her but it is safest for her if she doesn't eat their food. She worries that people will be offended by it because on her last part of her mission they were- I don't think it should be a big deal to anyone- anything that keeps us healthy- It is just fine.
I tricked my companion by telling her she ran over a bunny and she totally fell for it- she has been trying to get me back ever since. It is too funny.
We spoke in church yesterday and it was also our first time in the ward because of stake conference last week. They had all three of us on the program, a newly returned missionary, AND a song- all girls-- I went first, sister Morey went next, then they had to cut her short and cut Sister Gerber and the song so that we could listen to the sister report on her mission. It was too funny that they would think that they could fit four girls and a song into an hour- THAT doesn't happen- haha, oh well, It went well- I spoke on how conference and the words of the prophets helps us and what it does for us. We had a lesson in Relief Society about temples and it was really special because Sister Gerber's family is going to have a sister they recently adopted sealed to them and since she can't be there for it she was saying she felt it was meant just for her. I love to see how Heavenly Father is in all of the details.
Recently we found out that it is Sister Beesley's Birthday and so we had a crazy idea to decorate with a ton of sticky notes in the mission home- we haven't talked to her about it yet, but the assistants sent out to the whole mission with something they all like about her-- I hope she liked it! The dedication I see from the senior couples here is so wonderful! I am so grateful for all they do- one comment talking about Sister Beesley I liked said "I remember the time when I was cooking with her and the pan wouldn't fit in the oven- she pulled out the pliers and made it fit" -- she is so funny!
The trio is working out well, every once in a while there are a few bumps and bruises but we work out everything great and we have a ton of fun. I love to see how we work together- Sister Morey's insights are awesome and Sister Gerber is very bold in inviting and we mesh pretty well. I am excited to see how it continues, even as we tract and teach out in the icy weather- no falls or slips yet, but thats probably because the sun already melted the ice. Studded tires are on and we have sandbags inthe back of our truck- we are good and prepared for the weather!!! I don't know if I am though.
We went tracting as a zone in the Huffman Elders area this week-- they gave us a street and I was impressed in the end by knowing we needed to be there-- we met a woman who I met a few months back, who has had a lot happen since I saw her all those five months ago and had been offended, but I was also able to see the hope the Gospel brings and share it with another woman who used to come with us to lessons when I was last in Anchorage and reunite there. We are here to invite ALL others unto Christ, and it is interesting to see how Heavenly Fathers plans pan out. It seems we always have more to do to share the Gospel, so it seems like it never enough, but it is sufficient when we do all we can.
Someone called us charlies angels!!! blond red and brunette- it was perfect. We bought a pumpkin today! way excited for the seeds--Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Wuehler
scripture: 1 Nephi 16:28-29
28 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the pointers which were in the ball, that they did work according to the afaith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them.
29 And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us aunderstanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by bsmall means the Lord can bring about great things.







No comments:
Post a Comment