Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 16: A New Adventure

 June 4, 2012

 Dear Family and Friends,

 This week has been so crazy and distracting!  We have been cleaning, packing, teaching, all of the above trying to prepare for this next transfer.  So I apologize for the scattered notes on this letter.

Transfer calls came early this week for the Sisters and I am going to Kenai down in the Soldotna Zone!!   So excited.  I keep hearing it is so beautiful down there; the fishing is great and I can't wait to meet the people.  I think Nekiske is also in that area. (Note from Mom:  Kenai is 150 miles south of Anchorage on the coast--beautiful area--the beginning of the adventure area--king salmon fishing, etc.; Kenai is about 7500 people.  She gets to go to the Anchorage Temple on Tuesday with the Sisters all around that area, and will stay in the Mission home Tuesday night, and drive down on Wednesday, June 6th--her sister Melanie's birthday!).  I can't wait to drive down there-- and we will be driving back up to Anchorage for zone conference next week or so (june 13?) because there is a general authority coming-- a seventy-- we'll; get to go to the temple again!!!

Blurbs of the week:
  1. For district meeting this week the Elders surprised Sister H. by decorating the room to celebrate her last week.
  2. We went to a place this week called Sushi, and sushi with a member, and we have decided that too much raw fish isn't very easy to eat (I know many who would say ANY raw fish is too much), but I got my courage up to actually eat it instead of going the safe way out )
  3. We recorded a few more songs this week- I will send them to you sometime.
  4. We have had the opportunity to sing to so many people this week it has been so great!  I think when I get back home I am going to take up a new instrument.
  5. There won't be sisters anywhere in anchorage for this next transfer, so having to close the apartment has had us off of our busy scedule-- it is exhausting- still asleep at 10:30 according to the handbook- but i have realized how much that schedule really does help us and keep us going- SO grateful.
  6. A rubber band went flinging across the chapel in fast and testimony meeting yesterday from a kid. It took alot to keep a straight face.
Something I know about myself is that I hate goodbyes- this week has had many and they continue still.  I have been so blessed to have been a part of the Turnagain Ward for this short time, and for the things I have taught, learned, and mostly for the people who I have had the priviledge to meet. I am grateful for Sister H and how much she has strengthened and taught me. She is going to continue to do great things!

As missionaries we help to find those who want to hear, to rescue those who can't find their way, and to strengthen all.  I have loved to see the miracles that happen everyday as we strive together to seek out these people in prayer.  Heavenly Father has brought many precious miracles to our view, and each of these is a tender mercy, no matter how big or small these times are.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Wuehler


Scripture: Alma 7:11-12
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may boose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
isms:
-"1-800- too much information.com"
-Where do movie stars like to camp? Hollywood.
-We were with a returned sister missionary and when she was on her mission, one of her companions was listening to mormon tabernacle choir. When the song got to the part where it gets more into it her comp. yelled, "hermana! this is where it really picks up!"







No comments:

Post a Comment