Dear Family and Friends,
Exchanges with Sister Williams in Eagle River was great. It is so gorgeous up there. Anchorage is the city of Alaska, so pretty much everywhere else you go is just so beautiful with trees and out in the Bush. It was interesting to be out of the city, but it was so gorgeous out there.
We had interviews this week with President Beesley and
this is something he shared with me then and also in my weekly (It was a part
of training this week):
"Brother Donaldson explained that obedience is critical to our success. Waking up on time is observing the LAW OF OBEDIENCE; that exercising and preparing for the day is observing the LAW OF SACRIFICE. Personal Study is obedience to the LAW OF THE GOSPEL; Companion Study - learning how to deal with others is living the LAW OF CHASTITY; and finally, we are prepared to go forth and teach fulfilling the LAW OF CONSECRATION."
This week for district meeting we challenged our district
leader to use bubbles in his lesson. Surely enough, he accepted the challenge,
and we talked about how to teach using object lessons, and we also drew out
General Conference talks in chalk at the park. It was so great.
So we found out that Sister H is going home for sure in 2 1/2 weeks-- there was a confusion with her return date at the beginning of her mission, so now we know it is that soon. Also before this last friday I had no idea what a pinewood derby was-- for some reason we were still asked to be the judges. And it is funny how excited and worked up over it some get--but it was pretty fun. (note from Mom--it's the Dads who get so worked up!!)
![]() |
| "A Time to Prepare" Talk Chalk Drawings (from October 2011 General Conference) |
So we found out that Sister H is going home for sure in 2 1/2 weeks-- there was a confusion with her return date at the beginning of her mission, so now we know it is that soon. Also before this last friday I had no idea what a pinewood derby was-- for some reason we were still asked to be the judges. And it is funny how excited and worked up over it some get--but it was pretty fun. (note from Mom--it's the Dads who get so worked up!!)
We bring a girl with us to lessons,
who just submitted her papers. She is just so excited to get her call, and it
makes me remember how I was before and how grateful I was for the Sisters in my
ward who answered my questions and took me with them to lessons. Although she
lives a little while away in South Anchorage, we make it a point to bring her
with us for a day in the week. I am so grateful for her.
We taught a woman this week who is a friend of someone we
visit regularly. She was talking about the spirit and how she has felt it and
when she has recognized it in her life. She said that for her it came at
different times, but she always second guessed it. We told her to write down her
impressions of the spirit. The spirit is not something that is meant to be
recognizable for the eyes of the world--it is the way that Heavenly Father
speaks to us through the Holy Ghost, and these promptings are to be remembered.
We can all seek his promptings in our life through living worthy of it and
seeking after it. We made it just in time to
see one of our elderly women whose health is failing fast as she fell out of her
chair. We caught her, and it made me realize how when we are listening to those
promptings we receive, we can be directed to those in need.
Whenever I am having a hard time focusing on why I am
here I remember this (and for each of us there comes this question): Do I love
God more than I love myself? In turn this question turns into: Do I love those I
serve more than I love myself? In Matthew 25:40 Christ says that inasmuch as we
have done it unto the least of these.. "ye have done it unto me". In this it is
so important to remember that all that we have is given of him down to our very
breath, which is both the beginning and end of this life. Mosiah 2:21
says, "I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is
preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own
will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I
say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants." With this I remember why I am here. I am lended my breath
day by day because my Heavenly Father Loves me--and with that principle of
lending, we have to give something back. We can never fully return this favor,
but we can do all we can to serve his, who are his children.
Love you all and it was so great to talk to those i did
on mothers day! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Wuehler
Scripture: John 17:3 and D&C 133:59 "And by the weak
things of the earth the Lord shall thresh the nations by the power of his Spirit."
ism: "Be grateful your parents aren't bears. Bears
sometimes eat their young. Anything's better than that" -Bishop
Smith











No comments:
Post a Comment