First of all, I would like to say that it is amazing to wear my jeans after having to wear a skirt all week. It has been snowing on and off all week, but mostly it looks like spring (In Provo?!?). I am now down to the last few days in the MTC as next time I check my email I will be in ALASKA!!! Crazy, i know! Most of our district will be going at once- 8 of us, but the other two girls who are going to Germany are going to have a while longer here.
As this is P-Day for my zone, it is also MTC entry day for many, and as we see many with their new nametags, we see the red sticker indicating them as new, but we love to greet them. First day is stressful beyond belief because you are trying to figure out everything, where you're supposed to be going, doing and learning the rules of mission life; it is so deserved by these fresh missionaries to hear that they are welcome. By the way, look up the mormon messages "civility experiment" (http://www.lds.org/pages/the-civility-experimentlang=eng&query=mormon+messages+civility+experiment) -- we watched this in class and over the weekend and did our own civility experiment. My companion and I got two grunts over the weekend when we greeted other missionaries (rather than hellos) which was better than the Elders had gotten. I am probably not explaining it very well, but i hope you see the point.
This last Sunday, Alex Boye spoke at our fireside, and he was absolutely wonderful. He sang for us, and told his own conversion story. Elder Holland came last week. We role play life situations every day here and it is amazing to put yourself in the shoes of those you teach and ask questions that they may ask, and feel the things which they would as you speak to them. Part of this is that the missionaries teach each other.
![]() |
| MY DISTRICT! |
BY THE WAY: There is never a time a missionary does not appreciate a letter. It is difficult to answer them in good time, and slowly, but surely, I am working on it.
Love,
Sister Wuehler
MTC-isms: "I looked out the window and what did I see- two sister missionaries lookin' at me" (to the tune of popcorn popping)
Scripture of the Week: Enos 1. We are here to feed his sheep.
"When we know in our head moves to our heart, by the power of revelation, that's the beginning of understanding" -Elder Bednar

No comments:
Post a Comment